These website pages ("site") are operated by CTech Group Limited, a company incorporated in England with company number 10945508 and registered office at 4 Crown Place, London, EC2A 4BT, for the purpose of mobile phone comparison services. We provide the comparison site for Argos Ltd, a company incorporated in England with company number 01081551 and registered office at 489-499 Avebury Boulevard, Milton Keynes, United Kingdom, MK9 2NW (Argos Ltd) to offer mobile phone comparison services to Argos Ltd customers.
Please read this policy carefully to understand our practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Who are we?
CTech, company registration number 10945508, will be what is known as the "Data Processor" of the personal data you provide to us. We are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) under registration number ZA277312. You may contact us at the following address:
CTech Group Limited
4 Crown Place
London, EC2A 4BT.
Information we collect from you
Unless otherwise agreed with you, we will only collect basic personal data about you which does not include any special information about you (often known as "sensitive personal data").
Information you give us.
- This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on the comparison site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you search for a product and when you report a problem with the comparison site.
- The information you give us may include your full name; current address and / or address history; e-mail address; phone number; date of birth; details of your current mobile phone contract to include but not be limited to your network provider; employment history; financial information such as your valid bank account number, sort code and bank name and credit / debit card details.
- By submitting your personal information to us using this site, you are confirming that the information you are giving is correct, relates to you and that you are authorised to give payment authority in respect of such bank account.
Information we collect about you.
With regard to each of your visits to the site, we will automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our customer service number. Information we receive from mobile phone network operators.If you complete an application form with us and then purchase the product or service from one of our partner operators, they will send to us the date and purchase details together with a customer reference number which we have previously generated for you.
We will not collect any personal data from you that we do not need in order to provide and oversee the services we have agreed to provide you with.
How we use your information
We need to know basic personal data in order to provide you with the comparison services you have engaged us to provide, and to assert our right to be recompensed in return for these services. If you do not provide this information, then we will be unable to provide the services you have requested.
We use your information in the following ways:
Information you give to us
We will use this information to:
- Search websites of our partner mobile phone network operators in order to advise you on the best sim or mobile phone deal available to you;
- Allow you to apply online and order your chosen sim deal with a mobile phone network operator;
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information we collect about you.
We will use this information:
- To administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- To improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- As part of our efforts to keep our comparison site safe and secure.
Information we receive from other sources.
We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you to track the number of sales made when we refer you to our partners.
Who has access to your information?
We will share your information with third parties in connection with providing our services to you. Accordingly, you agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
Employees and agents of CTech to administer any accounts, products and services provided to you by CTech now and in the future.
Selected partners including:
- Mobile phone network operators for the purposes of providing our service to you
- Third parties who provide services to us or who carry out services on our behalf; this may include those engage in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details or the provision of support services
- We will share your name and email address details with Argos Ltd so that they can check whether you are an existing Argos Ltd customer
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site We may also disclose your information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If CTech or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
In all of the above cases, we will only disclose the personal data that is necessary to deliver the service and we require them to keep your information secure and not to use it for their own direct marketing purposes.
What we do with your information?
The information we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Union (EU).
We take all reasonable steps to ensure that your information is treated securely. We ensure that third-party service providers who handle or store data outside the UK or EU, for example through data servers or relays, adhere to the EU-US Privacy Shield.
What we would also like to do with your information?
We would like to send you suggestions and recommendations about goods and services that may interest you. However, we will not contact you for marketing purposes unless you have given your prior consent. This information is not shared with third parties and you can change your marketing preferences or unsubscribe at any time by contacting us by phone, email or in writing.
How long we keep your information?
We keep your information for no longer than reasonably necessary for a period of sixty (60) days in order to ensure that you remain eligible for the promotion(s) for the duration of the long distance cancellation period.
Links to other websites
In addition, if you linked to our website from a third party site, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners and operators of that third party site and recommend that you check the policy of that third party site.
Security precautions in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of your information
When you give us personal information, we take steps to ensure that it’s treated securely. Any sensitive information (such as credit or debit card details) is encrypted and stored in an encrypted Amazon S3 – AWS bucket, protected with multi-factor encryption. Non-sensitive details (your email address etc.) are transmitted normally over the Internet, and this can never be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to ensure its security on our systems and try to prevent unauthorised access.
Use of 'cookies'
What are your rights?
If at any point you believe the information we hold and process on you is incorrect, under the GDPR, you may at any time request a copy of the information we hold on you by contacting us and have it corrected or deleted.
Any information access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to cover our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
You can also request the erasure of your personal data in any of the specific circumstances set out in Article 17 of the GDPR. If you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your personal data, you can contact us to have the matter investigated.
To contact us about any of your rights, please write to CTech Group Limited, 4 Crown Place, London, EC2A 4BT or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide your full name, email or address details and your date of birth when you contact us so we can identify you.
If you are not satisfied with our response or you believe we are processing your personal data not in accordance with the law, you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office https://ico.org.uk/
We may make changes to this Policy any time. Any changes we may make will be posted on this page.
Any questions or comments about this Policy can be sent to:
CTech Group Limited
4 Crown Place
London, EC2A 4BT.